If you are having a soccer or sports themed meeting, a soccer drill can be a fun way to burn of some energy. Soccer marbles is a three person soccer drill. It is simple enough for young Scouts.
How to Play Soccer Marbles
- A set of cones (or another method to mark an area on the field)
- One soccer ball for each player
- Mark off a 10 foot by 10 foot playing area using the cones or another method.
- Designate one player as the attacker and the other two players as the defenders.
- The coach starts the timer at the beginning of play.
- When play begins, the attacker dribbles in the playing area, trying to stay away from the defenders.
- The defenders try to hit the attacker’s ball with their own ball.
- Play stops when a defender is successful in hitting the attackers ball with his own ball. The coach notes how long the attacker was able to avoid the defenders.
- Each of the three players gets a turn being the attacker.
- The attacker who went the longest without having his ball hit wins.
Resources Related to Soccer Marbles
Follow the Dribbler is a really simple soccer drill to work on ball control
This drill emphasizes teamwork, dribbling skills, and passing accuracy.
Soccer tennis is a drill which helps kids learn to settle the ball and return it.