The Amazing Games pack meeting plan focuses on how playing games together can encourage teamwork and cooperation.
Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this games based theme with the value of cooperation.
Play is often considered the work of children, and games are an integral part of play. We learn to follow rules, take turns, get along with others, and most importantly we learn cooperation. Cooperation is working together toward a common goal. If you do not cooperate, the game does not flow or end as it should. This month our Cub Scouts will learn about cooperation as they play games. By working together, everyone can have an amazing time while learning new things to share with family and friends
This meeting plan includes the following – all within a cooperation theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activities – Group checkers
- Opening ceremony – T=Shirt Cooperation
- A prayer related to games
- Den demonstrations
- Audience participation – Johnny Goes to a Pack Meeting
- Boomerang run on, frog’s favorite game run on, and canary applause
- Hot dog cheer
- Baseball diamond recognition ceremony
- Do Your Best Cubmaster Minute
- We’re Glad You Came Out Tonight song closing ceremony
Here are some additional ideas to go with this theme:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?