The Caterpillar Race game is a fun active game for younger children.. They will have to work together to match their movements, so it teaches them teamwork and coordination.
This is a good “spur of the moment” game, because it doesn’t require any materials or preparations. You could use it to fill in the end of a meeting where they finish the activities sooner than you expected.
Materials for Caterpillar Race Game
How to play the Caterpillar Race game
- Divide the group into two teams.
- Have the first one in line bend down and place his hands on the ground. At least one hand must be touching the ground at all times during the race.
- The rest of the players reach down and grab the ankles of the person in front of them.
- Give them a signal to start.
- They must move together to come to some pre-determined end point.
- The first team to have all of its players pass the end point (while still attached) wins.
There should be some penalty if they detach during the race. You will need to consider the temperament of the group when deciding this. You could have them go pack to the start, pause for five seconds, or do something else to delay them.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?