Here is a fun game for Cub Scouts. They will have to work together to match their movements, so it teaches them teamwork and coordination.
This is a good “spur of the moment” game, because it doesn’t require any materials or preparations. You could use it to fill in the end of a meeting where they finish the activities sooner than you expected.
- Divide the group into two teams.
- Have the first one in line bend down and place his hands on the ground. At least one hand must be touching the ground at all times during the race.
- The rest of the players reach down and grab the ankles of the person in front of them.
- Give them a signal to start.
- They must move together to come to some pre-determined end point.
- The first team to have all of its players pass the end point (while still attached) wins.
There should be some penalty if they detach during the race. You will need to consider the temperment of the group when deciding this. You could have them go pack to the start, pause for five seconds, or do something else to delay them.