Aware and Care is one of the Webelos/Arrow of Light elective adventures. For the Aware and Care adventure, Webelos learn about the challenges faced by people with disabilities.
By thinking about how people are different and people are alike, Webelos will appreciate that every person has strengths and weaknesses. By working together, we can help each other out and make life better for everyone.
Webelos/AOL Elective Adventure: Aware and Care Requirements
Click to open the requirements for Webelos/AOL Elective Adventure: Aware and Care
Complete the following requirements.
1. Develop an awareness of the challenges of the blind or visually impaired through participation in an activity that simulates blindness or visual impairment. Alternatively, participate in an activity that simulates the challenges of being deaf or hard of hearing
2. Engage in an activity that simulates mobility impairment. Alternatively, take part in an activity that simulates dexterity impairment.
3. With your den, participate in an activity that focuses on the acceptance of differences in general.
4. Do two of the following:
4A. Do a Good Turn for residents at a skilled nursing facility or retirement community
4B. Invite an individual with a disability to visit your den, and discuss what activities he or she currently finds challenging or found challenging in the past.
4C. Attend a disabilities event such as a Special Olympics competition, an adaptive sports event, a performance with sign language interpretation, or an activity with service dogs. Tell your den what you thought about the experience.
4D. Talk to someone who works with people who have disabilities. Ask what that person does and how he or she helps people with disabilities.
4E. Using American Sign Language, sign the Scout Oath
4F. With the help of an adult, contact a service dog organization, and learn the entire process from pup training to assignment to a client.
4G. Participate in a service project that focuses on a specific disability
4H. Participate in an activity with an organization whose members are disabled.
Printable Check Off Sheets and Note Sheets
Additional Resources for the Aware and Care Adventure
- Webelos/AOL Adventures Checkoff Sheet
- Welcome New Den Leaders
- BSA Safety
- Scout Moms, Dads, and Leaders Facebook group
Increase your awareness with these related ideas and achievements:
Top ideas for Webelos/AOL Elective Adventure: Aware and Care
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?