This is a game we played at a Pack meeting about a month ago. The goal is for two Scouts to work together to make a simple lunch. The challenge is that they each have one hand tied behind their back. This forces them to communicate to get the job done. The Scouts at the meeting really had fun with this.
We did this with Cub Scouts, but it would also make a good team building game for Scouts BSA or Venturers.
Materials: (for each pair)
- One pair plastic gloves
- One brown paper lunch sack
- 2 pieces of sandwich bread
- about 1 tablespoon of jelly (in a small container or bowl)
- 4 baby carrots in a (in a small container or bowl)
- 2 cookies (in a small container or bowl)
- 3 plastic sandwich bags
- paper plate for making the sandwich
- knife for spreading jelly and cutting sandwic)
- 2 pieces of string to tie one hand of each player behind back
Arrange the items required for each pair on a table. Make sure the stations are set far enough apart that they don’t get their things mixed up with another pair.
- Have the Scouts wash their hands.
- Divide the Scouts into pairs.
- For one Scout in the pair tie his left hand behind his back. For the other Scout tie the right hand. (For Cub Scouts have the adults do this.)
- Have them put a plastic glove on their free hand.
- The pair must make a jelly sandwich and cut it in half.
- Then they must put the jelly sandwich in a plastic sandwich bag.
- They should put their carrots in a plastic bag.
- They should also put their cookies in a plastic bag.
- Next they should put all three plastic bags in their brown paper lunch bag.
The two scouts will have to talk to each other to get their lunch made.
When the game is over, let them divide up the food and eat it. They can untie their hands first or they might want to do it with one hand tied behind their back.
Take some time afterwards to talk about what they needed to do to get their lunch put together. There might also be an opportunity to talk about disability awareness here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?