About Animal Kingdom
The Animal Kingdom adventure introduces Lions to the concepts of service, responsibility, and citizenship. Here are a few ideas to help you with this achievement.
Animal Kingdom Adventure
There are some links to helps for this adventure at the bottom of this post, including games and activities. Here are few other things to keep in mind:
- Police and firefighters come to mind and are usually eager to help Cub Scouts
- Also consider visiting your local food pantry or another charitable organization. You might be able to do requirement 4 below at the same time.
- There are lots of simple energy saving ideas:
- Turn off the water when you brush your teeth
- Turn off the lights when you are not in the room
- Remember to close the doors
- Read a book instead of turning on the TV or video game
- Do the dishes by hand instead of using the dishwasher
- Dry your clothes on a clothesline instead of in the dryer
What are your ideas for this adventure? Add them to the comments below.
Resources for Lion Den Leaders and Parents
See some age-appropriate service projects for Lion Cub Scouts.
Print out a basic plan for conducting a home fire drill.
You can add in some fun to the requirements by making a fake wound on a “victim” or two.
Yes, it involves crashing into trees, ambulance rides, blood, and the word cops. Use it for a silly break in your meeting.