The Animal Kingdom adventure introduces Lions to the concepts of service, responsibility, and citizenship. Here are a few ideas to help you with this achievement.
First, remember the fun. Here are a couple of ideas
1. Learn the role of someone who provides a service to your community
- Police and firefighters come to mind and are usually eager to help Cub Scouts
- Also consider visiting your local food pantry or another charitable organization. You might be able to do requirement 4 below at the same time.
2. Demonstrate you know what to do in an emergency.
- Come up with a few emergencies. These could be minor first aid or an emergency in the home. Here are a few posts you might find helpful:
3. Choose two energy saving projects to practice in your home for two weeks.
- Turn off the water when you brush your teeth
- Turn off the lights when you are not in the room
- Remember to close the doors
- Read a book instead of turning on the TV or video game
- Do the dishes by hand instead of using the dishwasher
- Dry your clothes on a clothesline instead of in the dryer
4. Participate in a Lion den family service project for others
- There are many things younger Cub Scouts can do as service projects. See Service Project Ideas for Lions and Tigers for a good list of ideas.
And don’t forget to grab a check off sheet to keep track of your Lions progress.
Printable helps for requirements:
What are your ideas for this adventure? Add them to the comments below.