About Animal Kingdom
The Animal Kingdom adventure introduces Lions to the concepts of service, responsibility, and citizenship. Here are a few ideas to help you with this achievement.
There are some links to helps for this adventure at the bottom of this post, including games and activities. Here are few other things to keep in mind:
- Police and firefighters come to mind and are usually eager to help Cub Scouts
- Also consider visiting your local food pantry or another charitable organization. You might be able to do requirement 4 below at the same time.
- There are lots of simple energy saving ideas:
- Turn off the water when you brush your teeth
- Turn off the lights when you are not in the room
- Remember to close the doors
- Read a book instead of turning on the TV or video game
- Do the dishes by hand instead of using the dishwasher
- Dry your clothes on a clothesline instead of in the dryer
Don’t forget to grab a check off sheet to keep track of your Lions progress.
Lion Adventures: Animal Kingdom
Click to open the requirements for Lion Adventure: Animal Kingdom
1. Learn the role of someone who provides a service to your community
2. Demonstrate you know what to do in an emergency.
3. Choose two energy saving projects to practice in your home for two weeks.
4. Participate in a Lion den family service project for others.
Printable Check Off Sheets and Note Sheets
More ideas and related adventures:
Top ideas for Lion Adventure: Animal Kingdom
What are your ideas for this adventure? Add them to the comments below.