About Backyard Fun
BSA has a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Backyard Fun related to the goals of health and fitness. This Cub Scout pack meeting plan features ideas – games, group activities, songs, and more.
Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with health and fitness:
Through Cub Scouting, we encourage families to be more physically fit and to enjoy the outdoors at the same time in their own backyards. By staging this month’s pack meeting outside, we encourage our Scouts to turn off the television, computer, and video game and help keep the “Outing” in “Scouting.”
Pack Meeting Plan – Backyard Fun (Health and Fitness)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a health and fitness theme.
- Gathering activity – All About My Backyard matching game
- Opening ceremony – Flag parade
- Fitness Prayer
- Activity – Backyard games: sock softball, obstacle course, Cubanapolis race, bare toes marble race, vegetable races, flying disc golf, fishing pond, blind puzzles, beach ball volley, hoopla, human tic-tac-toe
- Award Ceremony recognition ceremony
- Win, Lose, or Draw cheer
- Healthy and Fit Cubmaster Minute
- Backyard Games Closing Ceremony
Here are some more ideas related to backyard fun:
Top ideas for Backyard Fun
Download a Printable Copy of the Pack Meeting Plan
- Destination Parks Cub Scout Theme (Health and Fitness)
- Encourage kids to shape up while emphasizing fun
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?