BSA offers supplemental pack program ideas for each month. One of the older Cub Scout themes for the value of Health and Fitness is a Destination Parks theme.
Here is what the program helps say about this theme:
Destination Parks is a natural theme partner to health and fitness. Get outdoors and explore nature while improving our health by walking, hiking, bicycling, and playing games and sports. Scouts keep fit by doing outdoor activities that keep them physically active as they earn Scouting awards. Local parks provide that opportunity close to home.
So this theme is based on the idea improving fitness by getting involved in some outdoor activity. Below you’ll find some ways to form your pack and den programs around this theme which can be done at your local park.
Cub Scout Pack Meeting Plan for Destination Parks (Health and Fitness)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a health and fitness theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – Kim’s Game for a Hike or Nature Ramble
- Four Directions opening ceremony
- Changing Seasons Prayer
- Goin’ on a Scout Hike audience participation
- Run ons: Jump Higher, The Botanist, The Geologist, a Visit to the Camp Health Officer
- Big Bear Hug applause, Clap and Stamp Feet applause, Jump for Nature applause
- Cub Scout Trail recognition ceremony
- Advancement Tree ceremony
- Our Park song (to the tune of She’ll Be Comin’ Round the Mountain)
- Walk through the Park Cubmaster Minute
- My Park closing Ceremony
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?