On a recent campout, I made a this dump cake style Lemon Berry Dutch Oven Cobbler. This cobbler recipe is lighter than some of the other ones I make which have a lot of butter.
It got rave reviews from the Scouts and Scouters. The Dutch oven was empty pretty quickly.
You can see a photo of my Lemon Berry Dutch oven cobbler at Empty Nest in the Midwest, which is my personal blog.
Lemon Berry Dutch Oven Cobbler
- Dutch oven
- Aluminum foil
- Charcoal – 25 briquettes
- Serving spoon
- 1 package frozen raspberries thawed
- 1 package frozen blackberries thawed
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 can lemon lime soda
Instructions to make Lemon Berry Dutch Oven Cobbler
- Prepare your charcoal briquettes.
- Line the Dutch oven with foil
- Sprinkle the berries on the bottom of the oven.
- Dump the lemon cake mix on top of the berries.
- Pour the soda over the cake mix. DO NOT STIR!
- Put 8 briquettes under the oven and 17 on the lid.
- Cook for about 30 to 40 minutes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?