On a recent campout, I made a this dump cake style Lemon Berry Dutch Oven Cobbler. This cobbler recipe is lighter than some of the other ones I make which have a lot of butter.
It got rave reviews from the Scouts and Scouters. The Dutch oven was empty pretty quickly.
You can see a photo of my Lemon Berry Dutch oven cobbler at Empty Nest in the Midwest, which is my personal blog.
Lemon Berry Dutch Oven Cobbler Recipe
- Dutch oven
- Aluminum foil
- Charcoal – 25 briquettes
- Serving spoon
- 1 package frozen raspberries thawed
- 1 package frozen blackberries thawed
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 can lemon lime soda
Instructions to make Lemon Berry Dutch Oven Cobbler
- Prepare your charcoal briquettes.
- Line the Dutch oven with foil
- Sprinkle the berries on the bottom of the oven.
- Dump the lemon cake mix on top of the berries.
- Pour the soda over the cake mix. DO NOT STIR!
- Put 8 briquettes under the oven and 17 on the lid.
- Cook for about 30 to 40 minutes.
More Camp Cooking Resources
Here’s a different type of Dutch oven cobbler. And as a novelty, it has Ding Dongs in it!
Yet another dump cake style cobbler, with cherries and chocolate cake.
This is also a dump cake, with pumpkins and pecans. Perfect for your fall campout!