A couple of our Scouts earned their cooking merit badges at our second summer camp this past summer. Meals at this camp were served in a dining hall, but the merit badge counselor brought lots of ingredients and they cooked a couple of things every afternoon. So at about 3 or 4PM we would get invited over to the counselor’s campsite to sample dishes the group had made. It made a nice afternoon snack. Camp Chicken and Stuffing was LC’s favorite of all of the dishes we sampled.
Camp Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
Make this easy comfort food at camp. Perfect to warm you up on a chilly day.
- Cutting board
- Dutch oven
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⅔ cups water
- 1 package chicken stuffing mix
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Prepare 24 charcoal briquettes.
- Slice the celery.
- Put 12 of the charcoal briquettes under the Dutch oven.
- Cook celery in butter in the Dutch oven
- Add chicken, cream of chicken soup, and water.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Mix stuffing mix and broth, spread on top of chicken mixture.
- Put remaining the remaining 12 briquettes on top of the Dutch oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir together before serving.