Kim’s game is a traditional Scouting game which was introduced by Sir Robert Baden-Powell. It is based on a game describe by Rudyard Kipling. This version of the game helps Scouts learn what should be in a home first aid kit.
We played this game at Scoutmaster training. Kim’s game is a great way to reinforce lists of items required for a kit or activity. Have your youth leaders talk about home first aid kits first and then they can play the game to cement it in their minds.
Kim’s Game with Items for a Home First Aid Kit
- two blankets – approximately the same size
- assorted items for a home first aid kit – see the suggested list below
- pencils and paper
- Arrange the items on a blanket. Have the second blanket ready for use.
- Let the Scouts look at the items on the blanket for a minute (or longer for younger Scouts).
- Cover up the items with the second blanket. Give the Scouts a few minutes to write down everything they remember.
- Count up the number of items each Scout listed correctly.
- Uncover the items on the blanket and let them look at them again. If time permits,
- let them talk about the items and how they would be used.
- Two 2″ roller bandages
- roll of adhesive tape
- 3×3 sterile pads
- adhesive bandage strips
- 3 elastic bandages
- safety pins
- calamine lotion
- 2 pair examination gloves
- antibiotic ointment
- water based burn gel
- mouth barrier device