Kim’s game is a traditional Scouting game which was introduced by Sir Robert Baden-Powell. It is based on a game described by Rudyard Kipling. This version of the game helps Scouts learn what should be in a home first aid kit.
We played this game at Scoutmaster training. Kim’s game is a great way to reinforce lists of items required for a kit or activity. Have your youth leaders talk about home first aid kits first and then they can play the game to cement it in their minds.
- two blankets – approximately the same size
- assorted items for a home first aid kit – see the suggested list below
- pencils and paper
- Arrange the items on a blanket. Have the second blanket ready for use.
- Let the Scouts look at the items on the blanket for a minute (or longer for younger Scouts).
- Cover up the items with the second blanket. Give the Scouts a few minutes to write down everything they remember.
- Count up the number of items each Scout listed correctly.
- Uncover the items on the blanket and let them look at them again. If time permits,
- let them talk about the items and how they would be used.
- Two 2″ roller bandages
- roll of adhesive tape
- 3×3 sterile pads
- adhesive bandage strips
- 3 elastic bandages
- safety pins
- calamine lotion
- 2 pair examination gloves
- antibiotic ointment
- water based burn gel
- mouth barrier device