An appropriate Cub Scout gathering activity for your den or pack will get your meeting off to a good start. This gathering activity works well for Thanksgiving or the Cub Scout theme of Cub Scouts Give Thanks.
Thankfulness Zone Gathering Activity
This simple activity helps youth consider what they are thankful for.
- Sign : make beforehand on a piece of posterboard
- index cards
- Designate a wall as the “Thankfulness Zone” in your meeting place. Attach your sign there.
- Tell each Cub Scout to write or draw on a card or piece of paper something which he is thankful for.
- Then have them attach them to the wall below the sign. (Adults should help with this).
- Encourage the Cub Scouts to make multiple cards.
Use tape which will not damage the wall. Test it first.
Thankfulness Program Themes
These Cub Scout themes will help you develop a pack meeting around a gratitude theme:
Cubmaster Minutes for Gratitude
If you are just looking for an inspirational thought to end your meeting, check out these two Cubmaster Minutes:
This Facebook group is a good way to connect with other Scouters and share ideas.