Several years ago I attended a Cub Scout Pow Wow session on neckerchief slide crafts. They showed us a number of ways to make neckerchief slides from various materials. One of the slides on display was a seed neckerchief slide.
The slide was made on a thin slice of a tree branch. They had several different types of slides made with this type of “base”. I liked the natural look of these slides.
This slide would fit in well with the Planting Seeds of Kindness Cub Scout program theme for the core value of Compassion.
Seed Neckerchief Slide Craft
- 1 thin slice of a tree branch – about 3 inches in diameter and about 1/3 inch thick
- Assorted dried seeds – sunflower, popcorn, garden seeds, etc
- Tacky craft glue
- 1 slice of 1/2 inch PVC pipe
- Glue the seeds on the slice of tree branch. You can put them in a geometric pattern or make a mosaic or just arrange them to look like something. Be creative!
- After the glue dries, glue the slice of PVC pipe to the back. The neckerchief will go through the ring of pipe.
The PVC neckerchief ring will stay attached longer if you use hot glue.
Hot glue can also be used to attach the seeds for a more durable neckerchief slide.
1/2 inch PVC will provide a very snug fit for the neckerchief. You can use a slightly larger size and use a rubberband under the neckerchief ring to keep it from sliding down the neckerchief.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?