Seed Mosaics Craft
Here’s a spring craft idea for all of you Tiger leaders. Have the scouts make seed mosaics to give to mom for Mother’s Day.
How to make Seed Mosaics
- Assorted seeds (dried beans, popcorn kernels, sunflower seeds, lentils, squash seeds, rice, etc.)
- One piece of stiff cardboard for each scout
Instructions for scouts:
- Cut the cardboard into a simple shape (circle, heart, square). Remind them that simple shapes are easier to cut. It might help if you draw the shapes for them. OR let them do a freestyle pattern.
- Spread glue on a small area of the cardboard.
- Set some seeds into the glue. Use different types of seeds to make a pattern.
- Move to another section of the cardboard and repeat the glue and seeds.
- Let the mosaics dry.
- Add a ribbon or piece of string to the back to form a hanger.
Seed Neckerchief Slide Craft
This is another fun seed based craft. Scouts can make a seed pattern on a branch cross section to make their own special neckerchief slide.
How To Video
See a video of how to do a craft like this. This might spark some more creative ideas.
Leave a Reply