One theme for November’s core value of Citizenship is a Fifty Great States theme. State capitals bingo would be a fun game or gathering activity to go with this theme. In this picture bingo game, the cards have images of the states with the capitals on them. As each state name is called, players must try to find the capital on their card and mark it.
State Capitals Bingo Cards
- Download the State Capitals Bingo Cards
- Download the State Capitals Call Cards
- Additional State Capitals Printables
- Cut the call cards apart
- Give each player one of the state capitals bingo cards.
- Distribute daubers or some other way to mark the cards. If you use something like pennies or small pieces of candy as markers you can reuse the cards.
- Place the call cards in a paper bag.
- Randomly pull a call card from the bag and say the name of the state on the card.
- If the player has the state’s capital on his card, he marks it.
- Continue drawing call cards and having the players mark their cards if they have the matching picture for the state which was called.
- When a player has a whole row covered (across, down, or diagonal) he yells BINGO!
- Check the player’s card against the states which has been named so far. If he really has a full row covered, he wins that round.
- Continue playing rounds until you are out of time.
Other popular variations are Four Corners (cover the four corner spaces) and Cover All (cover every space on the card).