BSA has a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Stars and Stripes which features ideas for the value of respect- games, group activities, songs, and more.
Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with the value of repect:
Respect is showing regard for the worth of something or someone. The flag of our country is more than a something. The flag is a symbol of our living country and itself is considered a living thing. When you show respect for the flag, you are showing respect for all it represents.
Stars and Stripes Cub Scout Pack Meeting Plan (Respect)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a respect theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – Our Flag Quiz
- Opening ceremony – Respect for Our Flag
- Flag and Freedom Prayer
- Audience Participation: Prisoner of War Flag Ceremony
- Activity – Den Demonstrations
- Salute Recognition Ceremony
- Respect the Flag Cubmaster Minute
- Flag Folding Closing Ceremony