Pizza Quesadillas is an easy and quick lunch for a campout. You can cook the quesadillas on a piece of foil on the grill or on a cast iron griddle. In a pinch we have even cooked them directly on the griddle – you just have to be a little more careful when you are turning them.
The Scouts seem to appreciate this pizza quesadillas recipe since there is very little clean up. They also like choosing what goes in their quesadillas.
Pizza Quesadillas Recipe
This simple recipe for pizza quesadillas can be made at home or at camp. It is a great recipe for group camping since everyone can decide what to put on his or her quesadilla. So even picky eaters can be satisfied.
- Grill over fire
- Cast iron griddle or heavy duty aluminum foil
- Spatula or tongs to turn the quesadilla
- Large flour tortillas burrito size or bigger
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pizza toppings of choice – pepperoni cooked sausage, black olives, green bell peppers, mushrooms, sweet onions, etc.
- Prepare your fire. If using a griddle, place it over the heat to warm up.
- Place the tortilla on a flat surface and spread a couple of tablespoons of pizza sauce on half of it.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings
- Fold half of tortilla without any toppings over the topped half.
- Place the tortilla on the hot griddle or on a piece of aluminum foil on the grill.
- Cook until bottom starts to brown.
- Flip the tortilla over and cook until the other side starts to brown.
- Remove from heat, let cool for a minute, and enjoy!
More Camp Recipes
Camp cooking can offer some challenges, but it can also be very rewarding. Many people stick to hotdogs and hamburgers at camp. But it is easy and fun to get a little more creative. So here are some recipes to put in your camping cookbook.
Easy Chicken Quesadillas
When DS’s den were Webelos, one of our den members was a vegetarian. This made camp cooking a little more interesting. The other den members wanted him to be fully included, but they weren’t willing to give up meat themselves. So when we went camping we used “meat optional” recipes like chicken or pizza quesadillas.
These are easy and don’t require any real recipe. Cook some sausage or bacon over your fire or on the stove. Add in some onions, peppers, and mushrooms if you like and cook until soft. Add some scrambled eggs and cook until set. Spoon mixture into warm tortillas and top with cheese and salsa. Enjoy!
Smacos Recipe (S’Mores Tacos)
If your Scouts need a chocolate marshmallow fix, but you don’t have a fire for some reason, you can fix smacos on a camp stove with a griddle. Plus it is just fun for them to try something different.
Cook Your Favorite Foods at Camp
Learn how to make pizza, Asian takeout, ice cream, nachos, and fresh bread at camp.
Leave a Reply