Pizza Quesadillas is an easy and quick lunch for a campout. You can cook the quesadillas on a piece of foil on the grill or on a cast iron griddle. In a pinch we have even cooked them directly on the griddle – you just have to be a little more careful when you are turning them.
The Scouts seem to appreciate this recipe since there is very little clean up. They also like choosing what goes in their quesadillas.
Pizza Quesadillas Recipe
This simple recipe can be made at home or at camp. It is a great recipe for group camping since everyone can decide what to put on his or her quesadilla. So even picky eaters can be satisfied.
- Grill over fire
- Cast iron griddle or heavy duty aluminum foil
- Spatula or tongs to turn the quesadilla
- Large flour tortillas burrito size or bigger
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pizza toppings of choice – pepperoni cooked sausage, black olives, green bell peppers, mushrooms, sweet onions, etc.
- Prepare your fire. If using a griddle, place it over the heat to warm up.
- Place the tortilla on a flat surface and spread a couple of tablespoons of pizza sauce on half of it.
- Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Top with your favorite pizza toppings
- Fold half of tortilla without any toppings over the topped half.
- Place the tortilla on the hot griddle or on a piece of aluminum foil on the grill.
- Cook until bottom starts to brown.
- Flip the tortilla over and cook until the other side starts to brown.
- Remove from heat, let cool for a minute, and enjoy!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?