Here is a recipe I got from a fellow Scouter. If your Scouts need a chocolate marshmallow fix, but you don’t have a fire for some reason, you can fix smacos on a camp stove with a griddle. Plus it is just fun for them to try something different.
This is a very easy recipe and requires almost no cooking skill. Just don’t burn them.
I am told the name is a combination of “S’mores” and “Tacos”.
Smacos (S’Mores Tacos)
Smacos! If you have a griddle of some sort, this is an easy dessert which even Cub Scouts can make. And they can get their chocolate marshmallow fix even in places where fires are not allowed.
- fire with grate or camp stove
- knife for spreading margarine
- 6 inch flour tortillas
- tub margarine
- mini marshmallows
- chocolate chip
- Prepare the fire if necessary.
- Heat the griddle.
- Spread a very thin layer of margarine on a tortilla.
- Turn it over and sprinkle a few marshmallows and chocolate chips on the other side.
- Fold it in half and grill until light brown and crispy.
- Let cool.