Pack Secretary is a position which can be filled on a Cub Scout Pack Committees. Our Pack, unfortunately, does not currently have a secretary.
This is one of those roles which can be filled by a parent who wants to help out, but is not sure now. With some clear instruction anyone should be able to do what is required in this position, even if they are new to Scouting.
A typical list of the responsibilities for the position of Pack Secretary is given below. Adjust them to meet the needs of your Pack.
- At least 21 years old
- A registered BSA member
- Youth protection trained
- Keep minutes for Pack Committee meetings and distribute them to the Pack Committee in a timely manner.
- Send out notices to the Pack (either via mail or email) for upcoming Pack events and Committee meetings
- Keep a current copy of the Pack roster and keep attendance for meetings.
- Keep a list of required BSA forms and materials on hand.
- Let the Cubmaster, Den Leaders, and other adults involved in the Pack know what forms and printed resources are available .
- Provide Den Leaders with forms to keep track of their dens advancement.
- Write thank you notes to anyone who provides help to the Pack and take care of other correspondence.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?