Most Cub Scouts know all about their favorite baseball team. Why not have a baseball themed meeting then? Cub Scouts can learn about honesty while doing activities related to America’s pastime. BSA has a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Play Ball related to this value. The Play Ball meeting plan features ideas for the value of honesty – games, group activities, songs, and more.
Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with the value of honesty:
It is easy to forget how important it is to be honest when one is playing a game and really wanting to win; however, a Cub Scout is a person who always tells the truth and is worthy of trust. This month we reinforce how important it is to be honest, especially when playing baseball with friends.
Cub Scout Pack Meeting Plan for Play Ball (Honesty)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a perseverance theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – Make pennants or crossword puzzle
- Baseball and Honesty opening ceremony
- Baseball Prayer
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame song
- Run ons: Diamond Cutter, Baseball Bat, Fans, Batter, Short Stop, Home Run
- Den demonstrations
- Popcorn recognition ceremony
- Baseball Cubmaster Minute
- Good Sport closing ceremony
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?