With baseball season right around the corner, let your Cub Scouts make their own trading cards with “Cub Scout stats”. This Cub Scout craft works great with any sports themed den or pack meeting. It would make a good gathering activity.
The only difficult part is getting the photos of the Cub Scouts beforehand. In a pinch, you could let them put a self-portrait on the card instead of using a photo.
Cub Scout Trading Cards
- Small photo of each Cub Scout
- White card stock or construction paper cut to trading card size
- Crayons or markers
- Paste the photo at the top of the card
- Write Cub Scout stats at the bottom – name, birthday, rank, achievements earned, campouts attended, etc.
- Add additional decorations with the crayons or markers
Related Resources for Cub Scout Trading Cards
These cookies are easy for Cubs to make because they start with store bought cookies. Basically they are just decorating them. Of course, you can make your own cookies also.
Gathering activities are just program ideas for the Scouts to do while they are waiting for the meeting to start. These can be games, puzzles, crafts, or anything which only takes a few minutes.