Hubbub – A Native American Dice Game
- 1 flat bottomed bowl or pie dish
- 5 dice traditionally these are plum pits. If you don’t have plum pits be creative. Small wooden craft pieces work well. Or use bottle caps.
- 50 sticks use actual sticks, toothpicks, or craft sticks
- Decorate one side of three of the dice with stars. On the other two dice, decorate one side with Xs.
- One player tosses the dice in a bowl. The dice will be star side up, X side up, or blank side up. Score as shown in the notes below.
- The player who rolled the dice takes a number of sticks equal to the number of points he scored.
- The second player rolls and is scored just as the first player was.
- When all of the sticks are gone, each player counts his sticks.
- Whoever has the most sticks wins.
- All blanks = 1 point
- 2X’s (and a combination of blanks and stars on the other dice) = 3 points
- 3 stars (and a combination of blanks and Xs on the other dice) = 3 points
- 5 marked sides up = 8 points
- Anything else = 0 points