Paws of Skill is one of the Wolf Cub Scout elective adventures. For the Paws of Skill adventure, Wolves learn about sportsmanship and using sports to stay physically fit.
Wolf Elective Adventures: Paws of Skill Requirements
Click to open the requirements for Wolf Adventure: Paws of Skill
Complete at least requirements 1–4. Requirements 5–7 are optional.
1. Talk with your family or den about what it means to be physically fit. Share ideas of what you can do to stay in shape.
2. With your family or den, talk about why it is important to stretch before and after exercising. Demonstrate proper warm-up movements and stretches before and after each activity you do that involves action.
3. Select at least two physical fitness skills and practice them daily for two weeks. See if you can improve during that time.
4. With your family or your den, talk about what it means to be a member of a team. Working together, make a list of team sports, and talk about how the team works together to be successful. Choose one and play for 30 minutes
5. With your den, develop an obstacle course that involves five different movements. Run the course two times and see if your time improves.
6. With your den, talk about sportsmanship and what it means to be a good sport while playing a game or a sport. Share with your den how you were a good sport or demonstrated good sportsmanship in requirement 4
7. Visit a sporting event with your family or your den. Look for ways the team works together. Share your visit with your den.
Printable Check Off Sheets and Note Sheets
Additional Resources for the Wolf Paws of Skill Adventure
- Wolf Adventures Checkoff Sheet
- Welcome New Den Leaders
- BSA Safety
- Scout Moms, Dads, and Leaders Facebook group
Be a good sport with these related ideas and achievements:
Top ideas for Wolf Elective Adventures: Paws of Skill
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?