Scouting Adventure is one of the Arrow of Light required adventures. For this adventure, Webelos find out what it will be like to be a member of a Scouts BSA troop and they learn some outdoor skills.
Arrow of Light Adventure: Scouting Adventure Requirements
Click to open the requirements for Arrow of Light Adventure: Scouting Adventure
Complete the following requirements.
1. Prepare yourself to become a Boy Scout by completing at least A–C below:
1A. Repeat from memory the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Scout motto, and Scout slogan. In your own words, explain their meanings to your den leader, parent, or guardian.
1B. Explain what Scout spirit is. Describe for your den leader, parent, or guardian some ways you have shown Scout spirit by conducting yourself according to the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Scout motto, and Scout slogan.
1C. Give the Boy Scout sign, salute, and handshake. Explain when to use each
1D. Describe the First Class Scout badge, and tell what each part stands for. Explain the significance of the First Class Scout badge.
1E. Repeat from memory the Pledge of Allegiance. In your own words, explain its meaning.
2. Visit a Boy Scout troop meeting with your parent or guardian and, if possible, with your den members and leaders. After the meeting, do the following:
2A. Describe how the Scouts in the troop provide its leadership.
2B. Describe the four steps of Boy Scout advancement.
2C. Describe ranks in Boy Scouting and how they are earned.
2D. Describe what merit badges are and how they are earned.
3. Practice the patrol method in your den for one month by doing the following:
3A. Explain the patrol method. Describe the types of patrols that might be part of a Boy Scout troop.
2B. Hold an election to choose the patrol leader
3C. Develop a patrol name and emblem (if your den does not already have one), as well as a patrol flag and yell. Explain how a patrol name, emblem, flag, and yell create patrol spirit.
3D. As a patrol, make plans to participate in a Boy Scout troop’s campout or other outdoor activity
34. With your Webelos den leader, parent, or guardian, participate in a Boy Scout troop’s campout or other outdoor activity. Use the patrol method while on the outing
5. Do the following:
5A. Show how to tie a square knot, two half hitches, and a taut-line hitch. Explain how each knot is used.
5B. Show the proper care of a rope by learning how to whip and fuse the ends of different kinds of rope.
6. Demonstrate your knowledge of the pocketknife safety rules and the pocketknife pledge. If you have not already done so, earn your Whittling Chip card
Printable Check Off Sheets and Note Sheets
Resources and Ideas for the Arrow of Light Scouting Adventure Achievement:
Scout it out with these related ideas and achievements:
Top ideas for Arrow of Light Adventure: Scouting Adventure
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?