Ideas for Pack Meeting about Respect
What Is Respect?
Talking about respect with Cub Scouts will help them understand the Scout Law points of “courteous” and “reverent”. The Cub Scout program helps give this explanation:
Showing regard for the worth of someone or something. Through interacting with pack families, Cub Scouts will develop appreciation and respect for different families and traditions. Through pack service projects, they will learn to treat the environment with care.”
Ideas to Help Kids Understand
So that gives us some general ideas. December, with all of its traditions is an especially good month to talk about this topic. How can you incorporate this into your Pack program? Here are a few ideas:
- Make cards or ornaments for shut-ins. Or take your pack meeting on the road and go caroling at a nursing home.
- Do something nice for the environment and for the needy in your area. “Recycle” old coats by collecting them and donating them to a local agency.
- Have some speakers from different cultures and/or faiths come talk about their holiday traditions.
- Have everyone bring in holiday cookies. Let Cub Scouts buy tickets for a quarter each to vote for their favorite cookie. Let each den choose a charity. The proceeds from the tickets go to the charity chosen by the den the winner belongs to.
- Learn to care for the environment by working on the Cub Scout World Conservation award
- Find out about some endangered species in your area and learn how Cub Scouts can help
- Learn about different faiths in your neighborhood by doing a “church hike”. Plot a two or three mile course which takes you to several different churches.
- Find out how different cultures celebrate December holidays like Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa .
More Pack Meetings
These pack meeting plans also feature a similar theme:
- Holiday Lights – A Pack meeting plan to learn about other cultures and traditions.
- Stars and Stripes – This Pack program focuses on our flag.
- Passport to Other Lands – Take a trip around the world with these pack meeting ideas.
This is a simple opening or closing ceremony for a meeting to go with this theme.
While we should all be courteous to each other, these five steps can help leaders earn the confidence and trust of their group.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?