This month I am featuring a soccer theme for Cub Scouts. A soccer drill can make a fun gathering activity or an end of the meeting game for a soccer themed meeting. This drill emphasizes teamwork, dribbling skills, and passing accuracy.
- 1 soccer ball for each pair of players
- Place the cones in pairs on the field, a three feet apart
- Divide the group into pairs.
- The pairs line up on the sideline.
- Blow a whistle to signal the start of the drill.
- For each pair of players, one player dribbles out to a pair of cones and passes the ball through them to his partner.
- The partner then dribbles to another pair of cones and passes them back to his team mate.
- They continue doing this untill they have passed the ball through all of the pairs of cones.
- The pair returns to the sideline.
- The pairs can do the cones in any order, but the must do all of them.
- For younger players put the cones a little farther apart. To make it more challenging, put them closer together.