This is not so much a recipe as a suggestion for a camp meal. If you have a camp stove, this is easy as can be.
I am taking my Webelos I den camping this weekend. We’re going to make this for dinner Saturday night. We’re going to serve it with fruit, salad, and garlic bread.
I like to precook the sausage as directed in the recipe. That way I have fewer worries about cross contamination with the Webelos handling the food and cooking than I would with raw meat.
- Pasta pot or cook pot large enough to cook pasta in
- Skillet or smaller cook pot to cook sauce in
- Spoon to stir the pasta
- Spatula or spoon to stir the sauce
- Serving utensils
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 14 to 16 ounce package of dry spaghetti
- 1 32 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- Parmesan cheese
Preparation at home
- Cook the Italian sausage.
- Let cool.
- Package it to take to camp.
- Fill your pasta pot or cook pot with water and heat to boiling on the stove.
- Put the pre cooked sausage and the spaghetti sauce in the other pot or skillet and cook over very low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the water comes to a boil, cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain the pasta.
- Serve the pasta with the sauce and cheese.
Serves 6 to 8.