Although this recipe has “minestrone” in the name, it is more like a stew than a soup. So if you are looking for a traditional minestrone recipe, keep searching. If you are looking for an easy to put together camp meal, then try this.
The best description I can give you is that it is a one-pot cross between chili and spaghetti. Serve it with Italian bread.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 (28 oz) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can chili hot beans
- 1 cup dry spaghetti broken into small pieces
- 2 oz thinly slices pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onion and green pepper and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Drain off any excess grease.
- Add water, spaghetti sauce, beans, spaghetti, pepperoni, and basil.
- Cook until spaghetti is tender – about 20 minutes – adding more water if necessary.
- Serve in bowls topped with cheese.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?