Although this recipe has “minestrone” in the name, it is more like a stew than a soup. So if you are looking for a traditional recipe, keep searching. If you are looking for an easy to put together camp meal, then try this.
The best description I can give you is that it is a one-pot cross between chili and spaghetti. Serve it with Italian bread.
This can be made in a Dutch oven over a fire or in a large pot on a camp stove.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 (28 oz) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can chili hot beans
- 1 cup dry spaghetti broken into small pieces
- 2 oz thinly slices pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onion and green pepper and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Drain off any excess grease.
- Add water, spaghetti sauce, beans, spaghetti, pepperoni, and basil.
- Cook until spaghetti is tender – about 20 minutes – adding more water if necessary.
- Serve in bowls topped with cheese.
Recipes for Camp Cooking
Go beyond hotdogs and hamburgers. Cooking good food at camp is not hard if you use appropriate recipes.
Dutch Oven Recipes
A heavy Dutch oven makes it easy to cook on a wood or charcoal fire. See some no-fail recipes.
Even More Dutch Oven Ideas
See some healthy camp recipes from Scouting magazine.
Leave a Reply