About Sleeping Pirate Game
This game works well for an opening activity or to run off some steam at a meeting. It doesn’t require much equipment and additional Scouts can join in as they arrive.
How to Play Sleeping Pirates
- Two blocks of wood or similar sized objects to be the treasure
- Designate one Scout to be the pirate.
- Blindfold the pirate and have him sit in a chair in the middle of the playing area
- Put the treasure at his feet.
- The rest of the Scouts try to sneak in and get the treasure without being caught. (He can only take one treasure at a time.)
- The pirate “catches” the Scouts by pointing at them when they make a noise.
- If a Scout is caught he must go to the edge of the playing area and start again.
- A Scout who is caught twice must sit out the rest of the round.
- The round is over when both treasures have been captured. You can play multiple rounds.
Score 10 points for each captured treasure. Highest score at the end wins.
If the group is large, use more pirates (seated back to back) and additional treasures.
Here are some games and ideas to go with the Sleeping Pirate game.
Pirate Pick Up Game
In this game, youth use homemade hooks to pick up pretzels, Captain Hook style.
Shipwrecked Games, Resources, and Crafts
These shipwrecked games will add more pirate fun to your pirate party or ocean themed meeting.
Webelos/Arrow of Light Castaway Adventure
Use some of these pirate themed games to add some fun to the Webelos Castaway adventure.
Leave a Reply