My kids always enjoy making these cookies. They are called forgotten cookies because you put them in a hot oven, turn it off, and then forget about them until the next morning.
If you’ve never had them, they are pretty much a crisp meringue with chocolate and nuts inside. They are as white as snow and would go well with the Winter Wonderland theme.
Don’t peek while the cookies are in the oven!
Forgotten Cookies Recipe
Ingredients for Forgotten Cookies
- 2 egg whites discard the yolks or save for something else
- pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts or substitute raisins or craisins
- 1 cup chocolate chips
How to Make Forgotten Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. The oven must be completely preheated to the correct temperature!
- Beat the egg whites and salt until frothy.
- Add sugar slowly while beating.
- Continue beating until mixture is glossy and peaks begin to form.
- Fold in the vanilla, nuts, and chocolate chips.
- Line two cookie sheets with foil or parchment.
- Drop the mixture on the cookie sheets with a spoon.
- Put the cookies in the preheated oven and turn it off.
- Leave in oven at least 4 hours or overnight. Don’t peek.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?