Cub Scouts might enjoy making craft stick pencil holders to keep some of their school supplies in. Or they can give it to somebody else as a gift. This craft is very easy.
If you have them do the gluing at the start of your meeting, hopefully the glue will be dry enough by the end of the meeting to do the painting. Or hang on to them and let them finish up at your next meeting.
If you want to skip the painting, use the bright colored craft sticks.
This craft makes a nice gathering activity.
Craft Stick Pencil Holders
Materials (per Scout)
- 1 clean can (about a 15 oz size)
- craft sticks (popsicle stick size)
- tacky glue
- 2 rubber bands
- Acrylic paints
- Glue the craft sticks to the outside of the can.
- Hold the sticks in place with the rubber bands until the glue dries.
- When dry, decorate with the paint.
More Fun with Craft Sticks
Use leftover craft sticks to help Cub Scouts learn the Scout Law.
This is another simple craft which makes a nice gift. You can keep it simple or add some extra touches.