Here is a “wheel shaped” snack to go with this month’s cycling theme. These are pretty easy to make and would be a good snack for a meeting. Younger Cub Scouts will need some help with these, but they are simple enough that they can do a lot of the recipe themselves.
Pepperoni Crescent Wheels Recipe
- 2 Bowls
- Cutting board
- Baking sheets
- Pastry brush
- 1/2 cup pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Separate the egg. Put the yolk in one bowl and the white in the other.
- Dice the pepperoni and place it in the bowl with the yolk.
- Add the cheese and oregano to the egg yolk and pepperoni.
- Beat the egg white with the fork.
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles and seal the perforations.
- Spread pepperoni mixture over each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges.
- Roll up the rolls starting with a short side;
- Pinch seams to seal.
- Cut each roll into six slices.
- Place cut side down on greased baking sheets;
- Brush the tops with egg white.
- Bake for 12 to15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Makes 24 wheels
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?