Pepperoni Crescent Pinwheels Recipe
These Pepperoni Crescent Pinwheels are a “wheel shaped” snack to go with a cycling theme or just for fun. These are pretty easy to make and would be a good snack for a meeting. Younger Cub Scouts will need some help with these, but they are simple enough that they can do a lot of the recipe themselves.
Pepperoni Crescent Wheels Recipe
- 2 Bowls
- Cutting board
- Baking sheets
- Pastry brush
- 1/2 cup pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Separate the egg. Put the yolk in one bowl and the white in the other.
- Dice the pepperoni and place it in the bowl with the yolk.
- Add the cheese and oregano to the egg yolk and pepperoni.
- Beat the egg white with the fork.
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles and seal the perforations.
- Spread pepperoni mixture over each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges.
- Roll up the rolls starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal.
- Cut each roll into six slices.
- Place cut side down on greased baking sheets; brush the tops with egg white.
- Bake for 12 to15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Makes 24 wheels
Print This Pepperoni Crescent Pinwheels Recipe
Cub Scouts love to cook. There are several Cub Scout adventures related to cooking. And even if you aren’t working on an adventure, helping to prepare a healthy and fun snack or meal promotes independence. And it might also encourage a Cub Scout to try something new.
If you’d like to start cooking with Cub Scouts or with your own children, you’re in for a treat, possibly a mess, but surely a worthwhile time.
That’s because you do kids a great favor when you help them learn to prepare food. It’s a life skill everyone needs. Read more.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?