About this Hawaiian Chicken and Rice Foil Packs Recipe
Foil packs are great for camp, but sometimes we get tired of having burger, potatoes, and carrots every time. Hawaiian Chicken and Rice Foil Pack is a different twist on the hobo dinner.
Since you are cooking chicken, make sure you give it enough time to cook. You might want to open one just a little and cut into the chicken to make sure it is cooked before you take all of them off of the fire.
Hawaiian Chicken and Rice Foil Pack
You can leave the chicken in one piece or cut it into bite sized chunks before cooking.
- 3 cups Minute Rice
- 3 cups water
- 6 small boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can chunk pineapple
- 1 bell peppers – cut into pieces
- Additional vegetables such as carrots, peas, scallions (optional)
- ½ cup mild BBQ sauce
- Mix the rice and water.
- Spoon the rice mixture into the center of 6 pieces of foil
- Put a chicken breast on top of the rice.
- Top chicken with pineapple and pepper
- Drizzle with a little BBQ Sauce
- Seal and cook. (See notes below)
For the instructions for sealing and cooking, see How to Make a Foil Pack (Hobo) Meal
This is another foil pack dinner with some non-traditional ingredients.
How to make fish in a foil pack from a Scout and Masterchef winner.
More information for making hobo meals and suggestions for ingredients.