The Dollars and Sense theme can be used with the value of responsibility. Here is what the program helps say about this theme:
We learn to be responsible for certain jobs, our own belongings, things in our home, and the property of others. We should all learn how to be responsible with our money as well. Not only is it wise to learn how money works, it is equally important to learn about the responsibilities that go along with having money. It all comes down to dollars and sense.
Use this theme to reinforce the idea of using money responsibly with your Cub Scouts.
Cub Scout Pack Meeting Plan for Dollars and Sense (Responsibility)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a perseverance theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – Name that Slogan
- Three in a Row challenge
- Dollars opening ceremony
- A Penny Saved opening ceremony
- Responsibility Prayer
- Frog at the Bank audience participation
- The Lost Coin skit
- Den demonstrations
- Whole Dollar in My Hand song (to the tune of He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands)
- Penny Game
- Heads or Tails cheer
- Dollars and Scents run on, Rich run on, Bird Seed run on
- Awards presentation ideas – stock certificates or play money
- Wise Investments recognition ceremony
- Dollar Bill recognition
- Trustworthy and Thrifty Cubmaster’s Minute
- Investment Closing Ceremony