f you want to add some fun to your meeting, perform a simple magic trick. Cub Scouts will love it.
It is difficult to describe a magic trick with just instructions, so if you need to see a video of it to understand the concept, you can probably find one on YouTube.
The Great Rope Escape
- 2 pieces of rope or string, each about 3 feet long
- Ask for two volunteers from the audience. For Cub Scouts, I recommend getting a parent/Cub pair.
- Tie the ends of one string around the wrists of the first volunteer. They should be somewhat loose, but tight enough that he can’t remove his hands from the loops.
- Tie one of the ends of the other string in the same manner around one of the wrists of the second volunteer.
- Slip the loose end of the second string through the middle of the first volunteer’s arm/string loop.
- Then tie the loose end of the second string to the second volunteer’s other wrist. Now they should be linked together.
- Tell the two volunteers to try to unlink themselves, but they can’t remove the loops of string from their wrists.
- After they try for a minute or so, ask them if they give up.
- Now, take the center of one of the first volunteer’s string and slide it under the wrist loop of the second volunteer.
- Pull it through and bring it up over the hand and down the wrist of the second volunteer.
- The first volunteer should be able to pull on his string to unlink the two now.