A supplemental meeting plan theme called Kids Against Crime was provided by BSA a few years ago. For more ideas for use with this theme, see then end of this post.
Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this crime prevention based theme with the value of honesty.
Crime is often an act of dishonesty. Kids Against Crime focuses on the opposite of dishonesty—honesty. Honesty is all about telling the truth and being a person worthy of trust.
This meeting plan includes the following – all within a courage theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activities – Honesty Is the Best Policy maze
- Opening ceremony – Honesty Spell Out
- A prayer related to truth and trust
- Police Officer visit
- Standing Up To Crime pledge
- Detective’s shield recognition ceremony
- Honesty Cubmaster Minute
- We’re a Pack of Cub Scouts song closing ceremony
Here are some additional ideas to go with this theme: