About Making Plaster Prints
Plaster of Paris is messy, which means Scouts will enjoy it. You can use this versatile medium to make plaster prints, molds and casts. This technique can be used to make shoe prints or tire track casts for a law enforcement themed meeting. You could also use it to make a mold of animal tracks or a “fossil”.
How to Make a Plaster Print Mold
- Sand dampened with water
- Cardboard box
- Object you want to make a print of (ie. Shoe, shells, leaves, etc )
- Plaster of Paris
- Mixing bucket
- Mixing stick
- Fill the box half full with damp sand.
- Press the object into the box to make a print and remove it.
- Mix the Plaster of Paris according to the package directions.
- Pour the plaster into the box.
- Let dry several hours or overnight.
- Remove the plaster from the box and dust off the sand.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?