The International Spirit Award recognizes Scouts who learn more about Scouting around the world. By doing the requirements for this award, Venturers learn to appreciate different cultures.
International Spirit Award Requirements for Venturers
- Earn the Venturing Scout World Conservation Award or complete the “Understanding Other Cultures” requirement of the TRUST award.
- Participate in Jamboree-on-the-Air or Jamboree-on-the-Internet.
- Organize a World Friendship Fund collection at a unit meeting or district roundtable.
- Complete three of the 10 Experience Requirements:
- Host an international Scout or unit and plan activities to help you learn about Scouting in their country.
- Learn about another country and prepare a dinner traditionally served there. Explain what you learned to friends or family over the meal.
- Participate in a World Scout Jamboree, international camporee, or another international Scouting event. Share the experience with your unit or at a district roundtable.
- Take a trip to another country as an individual or with your family or Scouting unit. Make sure to visit a Scouting event or unit in that country. When you return home, share your experience with another unit.
- Organize and participate in a Messengers of Peace project. Share the experience with your unit or at a district roundtable, making sure to explain which dimensions of the program your project promoted.
- Earn the Interpreter Strip.
- Research Scouting in another country. Make a presentation at a unit meeting or district roundtable.
- Contact your local council’s international representative and assist them with at least two items they need help with promoting.
- Research the process of obtaining a U.S. passport. Create a fact sheet for your unit or district to assist them with requirements for traveling internationally.
- Research a region of the World Organization of the Scout Movement. Make a presentation at a unit meeting or district roundtable.
Find some related helps and ideas for this award below:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?