What Is a Pack Trainer?
Pack Trainer is a position which you will find filled on some, but not all, Pack Committees. The main responsibility of the Pack Trainer is to ensure that the adults involved in the Pack are trained for their positions and are aware of supplemental training opportunities.
Other Aspects of the Role
A secondary role for many Pack Trainers is to help the Cubmaster and Den Leaders learn of resources which are available and to help ensure that they have all of the information they need to plan an effective program.
After ZM crossed over to Scouts BSA, I stayed active in this role. We hadn’t had a Pack Trainer for about three year now and I was able to lend a hand.
A typical list of the responsibilities for this position is given below. Adjust them to meet the needs of your Pack.
- At least 21 years old
- A registered BSA member
- Youth protection trained
- Know the training requirements for Den Leaders, Cubmasters, and Pack Committee positions
- Be familiar with BSA training materials and policies
- Ensure that all adults registered with the Pack have met youth protection training requirements
- Make sure that all adults are aware of online and district training events
- Remind untrained adults to complete their training
- Make adults aware of special training opportunities, such as Pow Wows and BALOO training
- Assist the Cubmaster and Den Leaders with program planning
- Make Cubmaster and Den Leaders aware of resources which are available to help them with their programs
- Publicize district roundtables and encourage registered adults to attend
- Encourage Den Chiefs to attend Den Chief training
- Keep Pack training records
Learn more about the training available for adults, including Youth Protection training, position specific training, STEM Counselor training, and more. It also has information about training awards (knots) which are available to adults.
Learn more about the Pack Committee and how it is a vital element of a healthy Cub Scout Pack.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?