Floats and Boats is one of the Tiger elective adventures. For this adventure, Tiger Cubs and their adult partners learn about boats, swimming, and water safety.
Tiger Cub Scouts will learn the SCOUT acronym to stay safe on the water. They learn the importance of the buddy system and how to help a friend who is having trouble. They also learn about different types of boats and PFDs.
Tiger Elective Adventure: Floats and Boats
Click to open the requirements for Tiger Elective Adventure: Floats and Boats
Complete requirements 1–4 plus at least one other
1. With your den, say the SCOUT water safety chant
2. With your den, talk about why it’s important to have a buddy and then play the buddy game.
3. Show how to safely help someone who needs assistance in the water, without having to enter the water yourself.
4. Show how to enter the water safely, blow your breath out under the water, and do a prone glide
5. Identify five different types of boats
6. Build a boat from recycled materials, and float it on the water
7. Show that you can put on and fasten a life jacket correctly
Printable Check Off Sheets and Note Sheets
Other resources for the Floats and Boats Tiger adventure
- Tiger Adventures Checkoff Sheet
- Welcome New Den Leaders
- BSA Safety
- Scout Moms, Dads, and Leaders Facebook group
Have fun on the water with these related ideas and achievements: