Call of the Wild is one of the Wolf required adventures. For this adventure, Wolves go camping, learn some Scout skills, think about being prepared for outdoor adventure, and learn about Leave No Trace.
Wolf Adventure: Call of the Wild
Click to open the requirements for Wolf Adventure: Call of the Wild
Complete requirements 1–4 plus at least one other
1. Attend one of the following:
1A. A pack or family campout
1B. An outdoor activity with your den or pack
1C. Day camp
1D. Resident camp
2. With your family or den, make a list of possible weather changes that could happen during your outing according to the time of year you are outside. Tell how you will be prepared for each one.
3. Do the following
3A. Recite the Outdoor Code with your leader
3B. Recite the Leave No Trace Principles for Kids with your leader. Talk about how these principles support the Outdoor Code.
3C. After your outdoor activity or campout, list the ways you demonstrated being careful with fire or other dangers.
4. Show or demonstrate what to do:
4A. In case of a natural disaster such as an earthquake or flood.
4B. To keep from spreading your germs.
5. Show how to tie an overhand knot and a square knot.
6. While on a den or family outing, identify four different types of animals you see or explain evidence of their presence. Tell how you identified them.
Printable Check Off Sheets and Note Sheets
Explore the outdoors with these related ideas and achievements: