Pumpkin bread is a favorite snack bread and dessert at our house. This recipe is easy enough for kids to make.
This recipe makes two large loaves or three medium loaves. If you don’t think you’ll be able to go through that much in a few days, it freezes beautifully. It’s never a problem at our house though. With all of these boys in my house, food disappears pretty quickly. Where do they put it all?
This bread also travels well, making it great for camp. If you a grubmaster, make some of this at home and bring it to your next campout. Your patrol will be grateful.
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 cup oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin (16 oz)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup miniature chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans (or use 3 8×4 inch pans)
- In a large bowl, mix flours, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Add the oil, water, eggs, and pumpkin and mix until combined
- Add the pecans or chocolate chips if using
- Pour batter into prepared pans
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes – until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?