Jason sent this question:
Curious as to what others had done for the putting on a carnival (Bear Requirement for Grin & Bear It). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Good question! Here are a few simple ideas:
- Ring toss – Use glass soda bottles and shower curtain rings. Try to get the rings on the bottles.
- Ball toss – Use ping pong balls and glass jars. Try to throw the ball in the jar.
- Target shooting – Foam finger rockets and 1 liter plastic bottles with some sort of target glued on. Try to knock down the target with the finger rocket.
- Bean bag toss – You can make your own bean bags and throw them through a board with some holes cut out.
- Bowling – Use a playground ball and 2 liter plastic bottles. Add some sand to the bottles to weigh them down a bit.
- Tower knock down – Make a pyramid of plastic cups and try to knock all of them down with a ball.
- Duck pond – Put a bunch of identical ducks in a pool and mark a couple of them on the bottom. If they pull out the marked duck they get a prize.
- Lollipop pull – Get a bunch of suckers and mark the ends of a few of them with a marker. Put them all in a block of styrofoam. If they pull out one of the marked ones they will. And they get to keep the sucker no matter what.
- Pie toss – Toss whipped cream pies at the Cubmaster.
You can serve popcorn, soda, hot dogs, and cotton candy. Give them carnival tickets when they win a game and have a prize booth with some inexpensive items they can purchase with their tickets.
Readers, what are your ideas for a carnival? Add them too the comments below.