BSA has a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Pet Pals related to the value of compassion. The Pet Pals meeting plan features ideas for the core value of compassion- games, group activities, songs, and more.
Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with the value of compassion:
Compassion is having care and concern for the well-being of others. Others do not have to be people. This month we focus on having compassion for animals, especially our pets.
Cub Scout Pack Meeting Plan for March- Pet Pals (Compassion)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a compassion theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – Pet Bingo
- Opening ceremony – “Always Do Your Best” Opening Ceremony
- Compassion Prayer
- Pet run-ons
- Welcome Song (sung to the tune of London Bridge)
- Wonder Dog audience participation
- Activity – Animal rescue speaker
- Service project – pet supply drive
- Rescue Dog recognition ceremony
- Fellow Creatures Cubmaster Minute
- Pet Friends Closing Ceremony
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?