BSA has a Cub Scout pack meeting plan called Fifty Great States related to citizenship. The Fifty Great States meeting plan features games, group activities, songs, and more to help Cub Scouts become good citizens in their Packs and communities.
Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this theme with the value of Citizenship:
“Fifty Great States” reminds us that we are to contribute our service and show responsibility to local, state, and national communities. Cub Scouts develop good citizenship skills when they learn about respecting the flag and providing service to the community.
Cub Scout Pack Meeting Plan for November: Fifty Great States (Citizenship)
This Cub Scout pack meeting plan includes the following – all within a citizenship theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activity – State Name and Motto Matching Game
- Opening ceremony – State Shout Out and Recipe for a Flag Opening
- A prayer about remembering the sacrifices and citizenship
- Welcomes and Introductions – Preamble to the Declaration of Independence Welcome
- Cheer – Red, White, and Blue Cheer
- Song – America (My Country ’Tis of Thee)
- Activity – Den Demonstrations
- Freedome to Be a Scout Advancement Ceremony
- “With freedom comes responsibility” Cubmaster Minute
More ideas for the Fifty Great States theme:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?