Here is a snack for your Cubs in the kitchen. This one is simple enough that they should be able to do most of it themselves.
Ham and Cheese Bites
- Cutting board
- Rolling pin
- 4 small cups (such as Dixie cups)
- 1 2.5 ounce package thinly sliced ham
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 pieces (1 ounce each) of string cheese
- honey mustard dressing
- Cut the crusts from the bread.
- Using the rolling pin, flatten the pieces of bread.
- Put ¼ of the ham on each slice of bread.
- Place a piece of string cheese on the bread and roll up the ham and bread around the string cheese.
- Place 4 toothpicks, equally spaced, in each roll.
- Cut each roll into four pieces. Each piece should have a toothpick in it.
- Put a little honey mustard dressing in each cup.
- Dip the bites into the dressing and eat.