Ahoy there me hearties! Pirate games will add fun to your meeting or gathering. This Pirate Pick Up game is easy to set up and play.
And here are some tips if you want to talk like a pirate while playing:
- Slur your words together
- Use “yer” or “ya” instead of “your”
- Use lots of pirate slang
- Make plenty of gestures
- Substitute “me” for “my”
Pirate Pick Up
• Plastic drink cups (one per player)
• Candy canes (one per player)
• Bag of regular sized pretzels
• Large bowl
Punch a hole in the bottom of each cup and put a candy cane in it to make a “hook”.
1. Put the pretzels in the bowl.
2. Give each player a “hook”
3. See how many pretzels they can get out of the bowl with their hooks.
4. The player with the most pretzels wins.
This can also be turned into a relay.
More Pirate Games
This game works well for an opening activity or to run off some steam at a meeting. It doesn’t require much equipment and additional Scouts can join in as they arrive.
Treasure Islands is similar to musical chairs. You can adjust the game to make it harder or easier depending on what age group you are working with.
In this game you fish men and treasure out of the sea. Even the youngest children will enjoy this one. Everyone gets to keep whatever they fish out.
Mutiny is a game which is also called “human pinata”. In this game, the little pirates chase around the captain and steal his candy.