The Abracadabra theme focuses on magic and positive attitude. BSA has a pack meeting plan for this theme and I have some other ideas to go along with it. Here is how the BSA plan suggests tying together this together
Having a positive attitude means that we think about the good and not the negative things we do or face in our lives. While learning magic tricks and puzzles, it can be frustrating, especially when we don’t get the trick or puzzle figured out right away. That negative “I can’t do it” may come more easily to us than trying again with an “I-think-I-can” positive attitude. That “I think I can” just might quickly turn into “I can!”
This meeting plan includes the following – all within a magic theme. See the meeting plan for details.
- Gathering activities – Card Houses, Balanced Coin, Balanced Glass, Super-Strength Napkin, Disappearing Water, Balancing Sugar Cubes, and Optical Illusions for Kids
- Opening ceremony – The Magic of America
- Applauses, cheers, and run-ons – The Magic Word, Alakazam, Abracadabra, Magician’s Bow, Magic Yell, Disappearing Rabbit, Magician Applause, Magic Hand Applause, Handkerchief Cheer, Magic Cheer, Magicians Cheer, and Magic “Tricks” Run Ons
- Amazing Three-In-One Song
- Recognition ceremony – The Surprised Magician
- Closing – Without U
- Cubmaster Minute
Here are some more ideas to go with this theme:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?